Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Kaching $$$



As the new year rolls, here's to the first check off to my list of things to try- venturing the world of selling on ebay . I am sure I am such a huge dork to abundant geeks out there, but I like trying out new things and that's what I'm gonner do.

What happen was I got this mini bluetooth keypad with a few other electronics from a friend of mine when I went to Hong Kong the past October. They had been sitting on my kitchen counter since I came back and bubbling "Sell me, sell me!". Finally last month, I dreaded my camera to take pictures and list them on ebay. Other competitors set the price of this exact mini bluetooth keypad at around $16. Since I have zero selling history with zero seller reviews, I only set the price at $5 with a $5 shipping cost to the buyers for a 3 days bid. Three days later, Wah Wah Wah (music from Debbie Downer), 0 bid and NOT sold. Who said selling on ebay is easy? They are wrong!  Two weeks ago, I decided to re-list the keyboard at $9.99 free shipping. At the end of the 3rd day, the item was  ......     SOLD! Thanks to the power of free shipping and the one cent difference, the selling price was $10.99 with 4 bids, making a profit of....... drum-roll...... $0.69. How come people bid junks from ebay when I watched Jay Leno sold or not sold segment and mine was a pitiful $1 above the asking price? Didn't get it at all. Anyhow, I went to USPS to mail the keyboard the following day and luckily, there was no line.  Albeit the trouble, I was pleased that I sold a product on ebay and the only thing left was a positive review from my buyer to built credibility. Yeah! Good times.

Then a week later, my mailbox came a very familiar sight. The mini keyboard package came haunting back! What?! Apparently, the buyer did not provide a full address and it bounced back.  I contacted the buyer to sent me a full address so that I can repeat the whole darn shipping process. Now that my shipping cost doubled at $9.60, together with the listing cost of $1.30 that I needed to pay ebay, I ended up losing $4.20. 

Although this ebay selling is destined for oblivion when I set the bidding price too low, I consider this as lesson fee required for my first selling experience. As with anything- it comes with a cost.  And that's, my two cents of the day. Kaching Kaching!


Summer Footprint

Today marks the first day of Chinese New Year and this is a year of dragon. May all of you enjoy good wealth as well as good health.



Panda express is giving away free firecracker chicken breast with no purchase necessary as celebration of the Chinese New Year. Enjoy.

Panda Express Free Firecracker Chicken Breast Coupon




No comments:

Post a Comment